Bullying is an issue that continues to persist in society and it is worse today than before because kids have to deal with cyber bullying as well. Children who are bullied can experience a wide range of negative consequences, including depression, anxiety, changes in eating and sleeping patterns, and decreased interest in previously enjoyed activities. Bullied children can lose interest in schoolwork, lash out at teachers and classmates, and struggle with homework.
One of the best methods to deal with a bullying problem is to get your child involved in an activity that will challenge them to step out of their comfort zone and will challenge them to stand up for themselves. It is also vital to make sure the activity you get your child involved in is one that nurtures family values and provides support in an all-inclusive and welcoming environment.
Enrolling your child in a good martial arts program can significantly develop their self-esteem and self-confidence to stand up to any bully. At Silver Lining Taekwon-Do, we make it our mission to fight bullying with love, compassion and peace. Our team of experienced martial arts experts leads Taekwon-Do for kids’ classes, which go a long way in helping kids deal with bullies, as well as improve other aspects of your child’s life.
Anti-Bullying Tactics Taught Through Taekwon-Do
When your kid takes a Taekwon-Do class at Silver Lining Taekwon-Do, our teachers will teach three key things that can reduce the chance of being a bullying victim.
Being aware of the situation around you is a key aspect of preventing bullying. When it comes to awareness, our instructors teach how to avoid situations in which bullying can occur. Here are some awareness-related tips that our martial arts teachers will impart:
● Encouraging children to avoid areas where they could be left alone with a bully.
● Recommending students to stay in groups with their friends.
● Resisting the temptation to engage with the bully and having the awareness to be able to walk away from the situation.
● Telling friends or parents about the bullying incident if it occurs.
Bullying can harm a child’s self-confidence. Martial arts can help to build it back up and even stop it from being negatively impacted, and the newfound confidence can help children avoid situations where bullying can occur.
● Taekwon-Do helps people develop confidence by teaching them how to face obstacles and overcome them.
● In a Taekwon-Do class, kids will face challenges such as performing in front of a group, learning difficult techniques, and breaking a board or demonstrating new techniques in front a class.
● Over time, martial arts classes help students develop a positive self-image, which means that they will be less likely to be baited into a fight just to prove themselves.
● Taekwon-Do gives children the confidence to not allow themselves to be affected by name-calling.
An unfortunate truth is that bullying is sometimes caused by a lack of friendship. Bullies tend to single out kids who spend a lot of time alone. If you think that your child could use additional companionship, enrolling them in martial arts classes is a great way for them to meet new people and be surrounded by positive people.
● The martial arts classes taught at Silver Lining Taekwon-Do are group classes. For kids who are shy, group classes are a great way to meet new people and develop new friendships.
● Not only will your child be able to meet new friends, but the fact that they have a common interest further develops the friendship.
Middleton, WI Kids Martial Arts Classes
Silver Lining Taekwon-Do offers a variety of martial arts classes: Little Kickers (age 4 to 6), Kids Taekwon-Do (age 7 to 12), Teenagers and Adults (13+) and traditional ITF Taekwon-Do classes. Additionally, we offer birthday parties, summer camps, After-School Taekwon-Do program (Now Day Camps remote learning Program). Many Middleton, WI parents have found that martial arts classes at our academy give their child the confidence to successfully deal with bullies.
To learn more about our classes, contact us at (608) 836-5660 today.